The City of La Puente

U.S. Passports

Passport Information

All passport services are located at the Community Center/Youth Learning Center.
501 Glendora Avenue, La Puente CA 91744.

The City is accepting appointments for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at the La Puente Community Center/Youth Learning Activity Center from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Appointments can be scheduled by calling (626) 855-1550 or online at La Puente Passport Office Appointments Page. Only checks and money orders will be accepted at this location.   Questions?  Please call us at 626-855-1560.  


Items Required When You Apply For A Passport

Complete and submit application in person. Each application must be accompanied by all of the following: 

  1. Proof of U.S. Citizenship – previous U.S. passport, certified copy of long-form (not “abstract”) birth certificate or original Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship with foreign birth certificate for minors.
  2. Submit a Photocopy of each form of Identification documentation presented (i.e. Driver’s license), showing both sides of ID on 8½ x 11paper.
  3. One passport photo (see Passport application form(s) for details.
  4. Appropriate fees – Payable by Check or Money Order Only.
  5. Both parents must appear for applicants 15 and under.
  6. Passport applications – completed, but not signed.

Passport Application for new applicants

Passport Renewal Application

There are additional requirements for children 15 and under:

  1. Both parents or the child’s legal guardian must appear with child and present valid identification.
  2. Must submit evidence of the child’s relationship to parents/guardian(s) such as a certified copy of birth certificate or adoption decree even if applying for subsequent passport.
  3. If only one parent is able to appear they must present either evidence of sole custody or second parent’s notarized written consent to the issuance of a U.S. passport.

For additional information here are some helpful links:

For the latest on the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

Department of State’s FAQs

U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Top Ten Travel Tips

Order a certified copy of your birth certificate

How to apply for a replacement Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization

Travel alerts and warnings

Comments are closed.

Skip to content
Skip to toolbar