Links to Business Information

Links to Business Information

  • Fictitious business name statement (DBA)
    Contact the County Clerk’s Office and your local newspaper for publication requirements. 12400 Imperial Highway, 2nd Floor,
    Searches, Room 2207, Filings, Room 2001
    Norwalk, CA 90650
    (562) 462-2177
  • Retail sales tax number (seller’s permit)
    Contact the State Board of Equalization to determine if your business activity requires a resale number.  Your records will be in their West Covina Office but you may go to any office of the State Board of Equalization to start the process. West Covina Office
    1521 West Cameron Ave., Ste. 300
    West Covina, CA 91790-2738
    (626) 480-7200
    FAX (626) 480-7260
  • Alcoholic beverages
    If your establishment intends to serve alcoholic beverages, please contact the State of California Alcoholic Beverage Control Board at (626) 256-3241 and the La Verne Community Development Department at (909) 596-8706. Monrovia Office
    222 E. Huntington Dr., Ste 114
    Monrovia, CA 91016
    (626) 256-3241
  • Preparation and/or sale of food
    If your establishment intends to prepare and/or sell food of any type, contact Los Angeles Environmental Management Health Services at (626) 813-3380. Los Angeles Environmental Management Health Services
    1435 W. Covina Parkway, Rm. 10
    (626) 813-3380
  • Preschools and in-home child/care facilities
    Contact the State of California Community Care License Division for State requirements regarding preschools and in-home care facilities.

L.A. East Regional Office
Regional Manager, Maria Hendrix
1000 Corporate Center Dr., Suite 200B, MS 29-15
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(310) 337-4333 FAX (310) 337-4360

  • Contractors
    Contact the State Contractors Licensing Board for information and requirements on how to become a State Licensed Contractor. Contractors State License Board
    12501 East Imperial Hwy,
    Suite 600 (Sixth Floor)
    Norwalk, CA 90650
    (562) 345-7656

Additional Information

  • Federal employer identification number (FEIN)
    Contact the Internal Revenue Service for an employer identification number.  The IRS will provide a business kit, seminars for new businesses, additional information, and forms. Internal Revenue
    9350 E. Flair Drive
    El Monte, CA  91731
    (626) 312-5138
  • Franchise Tax Board
    Contact the Franchise Tax Board if you intend to have employees or to obtain a form 540 for estimating state withholding tax for yourself.
    Franchise Tax Board   
    100 N. Barranca, 6th Flr-600   
    West Covina, CA  91791   
    (800) 852-5711   
  • Small Business Administration
    Contact the Small Business Administration which provides financial and management training to assist you in the operation of your business. Small Business Admin.   
    330 N. Brand Blvd., Ste 1200   
    Glendale, CA 91203   
    (818) 552-3215   
  • Valley Vista Services and State Regulations
    Contact Valley Vista to establish trash service and obtain information on compliance with state regulations regarding recycling, organics and solid waste.

Valley Vista Services

17445 E Railroad Street, City of Industry CA 91748
(626) 961-6291
Cal Recycle AB 341 Information: https://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/recycle/commercial
Cal Recycle AB 1826 Information: https://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/recycle/commercial/organics

  • Worker’s Compensation
    732 Corporate Center Drive
    Pomona, CA 91768-2653
    (909) 623-4301
  • Department of Consumer Affairs
    500 W. Temple St., Rm. B-96   
    Los Angeles, CA 90012   
    (213) 974-1452       
  • Governors Office of Economic Development
    California Permit Assistance Center
    In 1997, the California Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA) established the California Government Online to Desktops (CalGOLD) Website to assist in providing businesses the information they need to comply with environmental and other regulatory and permitting requirements. CalGOLD offers direct Internet links and contact information to state, local, regional, and federal permitting authorities for more information.

Other Organizations

  • Better Business Bureau
    315 N. La Cadena Drive   
    Colton, CA 92324-2927   

This information is provided as a public service to assist those persons interested in establishing and conducting a business in the City of La Puente. It is not warranted to be all inclusive and any specific questions should be directed to the Business License Division at (626) 855-1500. Clarification can also be found in the La Puente Municipal Code, Title 5.

Comments are closed.

Skip to content