Welcome to the City Manager's Office
The City Manager’s Office is responsible for providing administrative support and implementation of the Mayor and City Council’s policy decisions and objectives. The City Manager’s Office keeps the Mayor and City Council apprised of key issues and matters dealing with city business, responds to the needs of the community, serves as the city’s liaison to local agencies and organizations, represents the City in legislative matters at the state and federal government levels, and oversees the preparation of the city budget.
The City Manager, appointed by the Mayor and City Council, serves as the chief executive officer of the City of La Puente and is responsible for administration of the daily operations of City functions. The City Manager implements the policy decisions of the City Council and enforces all municipal laws and regulations for the benefit of the community.
Life, Well Run
La Puente City Manager's responsibilities include:
- Assisting the City Council in the development and formulation of policies, goals, and objectives.
- Implementing the policy decisions of the City Council
- Enforcing all municipal laws and regulations for the benefit of the community.
- Supervision of daily operations of all city departments and staff.
- Preparation, monitoring, and execution of the city budget.
- Technical adviser to the City Council on overall governmental operations.
- Representing the city's interests throughout the region and beyond.
- Developing long and short term plans for budget implementation